Friday, March 25, 2022

WEBSITE AND OTHER INTERNET THINGS

I've made a website !!! fun

I love web design and I haven't worked on any coding in a while so this was cool. It gave me a chance to mess around with visuals more, reflecting the music with an aesthetic. I also have an official logo I guess; it's the main thing on the website and I think it looks cool having a huge logo and then super basic text and links. I was debating between this kind of minimalist look or something super maximalist that taps fully into 90s ghost-hunting / supernatural / metaphysical type websites, and honestly I think I might add that as a feature on the website that leads into the main page with the links? That would be a cool form of promotion. Also using the artist name (VPVVVPV) to represent some type of occult witchy thing which directly taps into witch house's themes while staying in a more specific niche through the website design. Thinking I could go in a more campy direction and really tap into those maximalist late 00s aspects of the genre. Now that I'm writing this I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do that actually so yay win fun

I also made a Bandcamp and Instagram page and started building a consistent aesthetic by matching the website / Soundcloud / Bandcamp in terms of visuals and colors. I released another song and promoted it on the Instagram as well as following people who I've already connected with in the scene, and I'm planning on continuing to build a brand / aesthetic through the Instagram based on the content posted by my main musical inspirations, such as SALEM's Jack Donoghue, whose social media isn't really based on promotion and direct references to his music but instead has an almost esoteric vibe. I feel like this in conjunction with a revamped website that matches that kind of esotericism would resonate a lot with the audience I'm looking for since my peers in the scene seem to like that kind of stuff.