Thursday, March 31, 2022

ANOTHER NEW SONG SHIFTING PLANS AAAAGGHHH

Ok so. I know I had already planned on using StEllllsS for the music video BUT I came back to a song I did a few months ago called my adorable galloping cowboy blue butterfly (awesome name imo, gonna change it for the project however) and did some remastering / rearranging etc. And now I think I'm going to use this for the video instead. The other songs I actually did fully during the project will still be included on the full release / digipak but this song specifically will be used for the video and released only within the digipak instead of as a single like I did with the other songs if that makes sense.


There's a lot of stuff in FL that I haven't explored yet but this seems like a huge feature that I didn't notice at ALL until today and blew my mind because I always wondered how people automated pitch shifts for an entire song. Apparently there's a 'Master Pitch' knob next to the Master Volume !! which is really awesome because I was able to shift the song up and down a couple hundred semitones until I found something that had the right eerie weird quality I've been trying to find for so long. The bass came out soooo good in this remaster, and I also took out the CRIM3S-inspired choir chants I originally had because I just didn't think they fit that well in hindsight LOL. Really pleased with everything and I knowwww I need to actually start the video soon which I will do this weekend it's my number one mental note  blaaaarrggghhhh Been trying to scrape together motivation for the past few weeks and I think I can pull it off now *prayer hands*