Tuesday, April 5, 2022

WEBSITE REDESIGN

I mentioned a few posts back that I wanted to redesign the site to better reflect the kind of 2000s aesthetic I wanted to achieve with the branding. I've developed a pretty strong idea for the song I'm using for the video in that it's going to be surrounding the American invasion of Iraq because I've always found Bush era Internet aesthetics soooo so so interesting, and also I think that era is very captivating in and of itself so I'd like to feature it in my art.


Here it is !! Yay. Pretty happy with how it turned out, initially I wanted to incorporate a sidebar like I have on my main website but it was too annoying trying to line up the logo and everything. I think this simplistic layout works pretty well anyways since I'm not presenting much content on the site anyways. I linked to a separate page including links to all my released songs as well as the Instagram page, and I put a little announcement about cassettes and CDs going up on the Bandcamp page soon (which I will be making the designs for but not actually putting them up for purchase lol).

I almost kind of built up some lore about the artist? Like in the little copyright footer I transferred over from my main site I put the year as 2004 to match the song's theme. I'm also using some news footage from 2003-04 in the music video so I think it lines up well along with the dated design of the site?? I'm aware my branding is getting kind of silly but I think this is still pretty evocative of the witch house era and its DIY esotericism.